

VUSAC MEETING

Feb 6, 2012

BC 20

In Attendance VUSAC

CHAIR	SiMing Zhang
PRESIDENT	Brandon Bailey
VP EXTERNAL	Shoaib Alli
VP INTERNAL	Karol Dejnicka
COMMUNICATIONS	Ruta Rudminaitė
COMMUTER	Elliot Meyer
EDUCATION & EQUITY	Alex Goel
SUSTAINABILITY	Tegan Hansen-Hoedeman
VP EXTERNAL MAL	Zenia Turkewytch-Miner
CLUBS	Sohaib Ahmed and Angela Sun
COMMUTER MAL	Christianne Johnson
EDUCATION & EQUITY MAL	Christian Julien
SCARLET & GOLD	Anastasia Tsagrinos
SCARLET & GOLD MAL	Kathleen Walsh
SECRETARY	Sophie Qu

ASSESSOR & EX-EFFICIO MEMBERS

CAT'S EYE	Kenny Zhan
GRAD BANQUET	Ashley Quan
CRO	Rob Rubbini
UTSU PRESIDENT	Danielle Sandhu
VCAA	Deanne Vincent
VCDS	Emily Johnson

Official regrets:

ARTS & CULTURE MAL	Mariam Aramyan
VP INTERNAL MAP	Adam Martin

-Meeting called to order at 9:16 pm

-Approval of last meeting's minutes by Brandon, seconded by Elliot

-Additions to the Agenda

- Angela moves to move Clubs upwards
- General updates moved up by Zayne
- Ashley 2 mins
- Ryan- 1 min for popcorn machine update

Angela leaves at 9:18 pm

-Approval of the Agenda by Brandon, seconded by Christian, all in favour unanimous

➤ **Upcoming Events (Karol)**

Feb 7- Movie screening 8 pm in the Cat's Eye

Feb 8th- International Pancakes, International Night 7 pm Cat's Eye

Feb 9th- Lounging in the Lounge

Feb 11th- Hockey for Breast Cancer at Varsity Stadium

Feb 13th- Chocolate Buffet, Res Don Applications due, Condomogram VicPride

Feb 15th- ? Workshop

Feb 16th- Let's talk at Vic mental health awareness event

Feb 17th- Faculty of Music Formal, and

Feb 18th- Reading Week begins, Family Day

Evita arrives 9:19 pm

Alex arrives at 9:19 pm

Anastasia and Savannah arrive at 9:23 pm

Angela back at 9:24 pm

Kenny arrives at 9:26 pm

Kristina: O week exec applications are out and open till Feb 29th if you have any questions ask Sohaib, if you have any people on your club committees in first or second year we have a learning to lead workshop experience have them email me to know more, Feb 16th series of workshops for mental health awareness and there's yoga and look out for that. For all of you guys I am here to support you if you have any questions or concerns my office is always open so send me an email.

ASSESSOR MEMBER REPORTS

Governing Bodies

Victoria University Senate (Zayne): Updates on last senate meeting: info on admission, applications and enrollments are up, tremendous feedback regarding scholarships a lot of people showing their appreciation and a lot of students saying they couldn't attend Vic without them and a lot of scholarships have been added and another positive change is we've been talking to international students. This year it's moved to November. In fact, I encourage VUSAC to talk to the governance body or President Gooch, email me any questions at senate@vusac.ca
Brandon: Zayne mentioned scholarships. Dr.Gooch recently recognized the fact that the \$1000 scholarship made way back for the 3.5 GPA is suppose to cover ¼ of your scholarship, but

tuition fees have gone up so one thing they hope to do is to bump it up to \$1500 so lower year students should look forward to significantly better scholarships.

Dave: Does anyone know about the VUSAC scholarship we're suppose to have?

Brandon: It got folded into reward department done it's an award for student involvement

Kathleen: With this 3.5 GPA is it for any student?

Brandon: Yes it's for every 5 credits, if you took 4 credits and then 6 credits the next year you would actually get two. It's every 5 credits not cumulative. For example, everyone I know who got transfer credits got screwed, so every 5 credit unit. It'll automatically be deducted from your tuition.

Christian: That includes summer school credit?

Brandon: Yes

UTSU guest (Danielle): Stepping in for Clara

Update on things happening with student union: first off, some events coming up expression against oppression gives opportunity for students to talk about justice discrimination, there's exhibits and each year it's what students decide it to be

Tomorrow night: production of man to man, hart house arbor room theatre piece discussions around racial and cultural prejudices, 20 groups co-presenting together it's really fabulous

Also another great discussion on the 9th evening round table discussion and in March we have the unity formal, in recognition that a lot of clubs like to host formal events so it's a way for students union to cover overhead costs and bring groups together to host it and have affordable dinner march 1st, clubs are welcome to participate and help shape we also give clubs awards to recognize the outstanding contributions who work so hard to help build the community, please let folks know they can apply. On another front in terms of serVices work we launched a few new serVices used up quickly, we sold out raptors tickets in less than a week we are looking to see if we can get more tickets, even expanding athletic serVices we are looking to do that. We also have our 2 cent print and copy serVices a lot of people have been coming in to use it we also have extended our office hours from 9-4 to 9-6 recognizing that students have class or are working so more access for them. The UTSU elections are coming up very soon it's going to transform the campus with lots of posters that process starts Feb 14th? There's a nomination process and campaign please check our website utsu.ca for information there for nominations and positions please contact our CRO for any questions you have. We have launched the oh lala a partnership with students who developed a neat app, but its Canada's first on campus virtual game and it's a virtual treasure hunt and the prize for winning this happening this week is a brand new apply Macbook air which is pretty exciting and free textbooks for a semester as a secondary prize all you have to do is get on the app it's a pretty cool thing. And I don't know if folks have seen maybe Brandon might know the new agreement the u of t agreement with access copyright but we are all affected by it as users of material for awhile now the access copyright licensing agencies which overseas our access to copyright materials have been talking about copyright licensing fee increasing right now they want it to go up to \$45 from \$3.38 something so students faculty have been working together to say we don't want to see that kind of fee increase as its restrictive to our work and research we found out positively this week that the university with the University of Western Ontario have entered an agreement so its \$ 27.50 cents which is a substantial increase there are a lot of ramifications of this proposed change.

Brandon: the \$ 45asking offer they didn't even try to justify it either like when you're arguing with your friend and you just arbitrary throw out a high number there to get the ball park going

Danielle: like what Brandon mentioned, still down the road it might be 45 or something less so we're going to be settling with 27.50 now

Back to events and good times and dancing, so yoga night zumba party some students might be familiar that we did a food and clothing bank it was really fun with yoga and zumba instructors We're hosting another one on March 11th which again the proceeds will go to foods and clothing bank again. If folks have questions I can stay in touch with specific commissioners and what not for relevant updates.

Constituent Organizations

Acta Victoriana (Victoria): we had our meeting Sunday which was amazing we got way more submissions than previous years so we're being really picky we're publishing 30 people which is really nice. We had 2 first year students who campaigned to be next year's editor so I suggested a co-editor so it will be a yes no vote with the ACTA board. We are going to be publishing the journal coming out end of March so look for it.

Caffiends (Susan): just a quick update, for the past month or so I've been the only manager because Ben signed off his term in December we're hoping to get a new manager I'm interviewing her Friday I had a meeting with Kristina earlier I felt really in the dark with a whole bunch of stuff because when I signed on there was nothing to work off of so I'm hoping I can make some documents for more information and we'll be working along with VUSAC as I don't see many of you aside from meetings which is really unfortunate as for past events we haven't had many events in the past term but so far we've had one each month in Feb we had the art gala and Jan the Winterfest collaboration and this month we're working with RJ and VOCA for the chocolate buffet to get people to realize we're there.

Board of regents (Kenny): Things are going pretty swell, undergoing review so the CLC undergoing mini review-the alumni affairs and university advancement and finance is undergoing review. If you have any questions about these 3 committees feel free to let me know I can email it to the respective board of regents committees. There aren't that many issues I know every year there's been one major issue this year's pretty quiet the only thing that's slightly controversial is on the finance committee reviewing what were going to do on the surplus budgets the past 2 years we've had a surplus budget last year was about \$66000 this year we project about 330 something I forget...or anyways we have a bit of a surplus this year we'll make the meal plan better and start increasing things there one thing we'll be discussing surpluses are more tricky are deficit where do we put the surplus and we'll be discussing that anyone with thoughts feel free to discuss it now and find me later let your thoughts be known Second point, senate review, we don't do much I think we've had two meetings last year and one meeting this year for Zayne to approve awards the review right now is looking at how to make the senate relevant at CAUCUS we alluded to this. Dr. Gooch dr airhart, and ... We have a small review committee we've met twice last meeting was on Friday last week and we've discussed a few ways to improve governance on the senate and..so what we kind of decided by looking at committee of what the senate used to have there was a clear breakdown so we propose academics affairs and honors and awards which would be then under an executive committee..what we are planning to do is create an executive which all the members of senate delegate their powers to

this executive which then oversees these 2 subcommittees we've been discussing the makeup of the executive we have some co-opted members like chancellor, president, 2 principals ,Emmanuel and Victoria we'll have 9 faculty 6 from Victoria 3 from Emmanuel andWe're undecided on breakdown but we are thinking one alumni. That's how we are looking to structure the executive there will be a nominations and governance committee to choose to meet once and review submissions to review each of these submissions. The student body will just give the names to those who are selected to be senate same with the other constituency opening the floor to discussing about this new form of governance any questions concerns etc?
My only concern essentially what will happen the 120 people of the senate will only meet once and the executive will be...we'll still have the 9-15 members of senate but there just executive people on subcommittees

Angela: won't the senate's mandate be changed because changing format of it will help it be more relevant but some people thought the purpose of it should be changed

Kenneth: Academic or educational integrity has always been the purpose as a two tiered system you don't want people holding the money telling what to teach I think Vic still has some things to take care of , making it more relevant so the mandate is still valid

Other Assessors

Chief Returning Officer (Rob): two fairly short announcements about elections, they are soon nominations open end of this month Feb 27th it's probably going to be 17 to 21st of march for voting

Second thing requires input from you guys, under constitution VUSAC needs...

And uh the way it works is that the president during spring elections but Brandon is leaving open running the elections and there is kind of no judiciary to who should choose that..kind of wording in the constitution so I would leave it to you guys the only requirements is that they can't be running in the election and they need a graduating member I need someone to motion to appoint or you guys can discuss

Everyone: Elliot

Karol motions to approve Elliot as VUSAC representation on the committee, Alex seconds it, 3 abstentions

Rob: Tell everyone to think about running its going to be executive senate board of regents the whole shebang

Grad Banquet (Ashley): if you were at the caucus meeting last week we chose our venue hart House Monday April 9th the theme is midsummers dreamish so I had Brandon put out how students felt about ticket prices and a lot of people said they wanted cheaper tickets the other venues we looked at would have required more expensive tickets we are having a pub night to fundraise on Thurs after international night there will be free pool and we're also thinking of getting a commemorative tree on behalf of the graduating class we'll also be having a raffle to win a free grad banquet ticket.

JUDICIARY REPORTS FOR ASSESSORS

VP External (Shoaib): send our levies to Brian just a quick reminder do that

Brandon: remind everyone that new meeting day is march 31st so if you're a levy and your having them replaced do it before then also I would solicit for a brief 30 second update from VCAA and VCDA since you're not often here

Victoria College Drama Society (Emily): On the 18th we have Vic submission to Hart House drama festival stationed at Burwash and pancake brunch to sell tickets ten dollars and on the evening you also get submission from UTM great show from second year Vic student and obviously all Vic performers some other performance march 8th, 9th, 10th and costumes are outrageous so I encourage you all to go see that

VCAA (Deanne): we are going to raptors game as well on Friday, there are like 5 tickets left if you are really desperate right now we are still trying to plan a ski trip but the weather is questionable march 2nd which is also high ball so we are toying with that idea depending on weather we also have wheelchair basketball Feb 29th and I'm in the midst of doing laser quest and whirlyball outing that would be out at Rinx I think so we're looking into that also athletic banquet march 22nd officially booked at Burwash the theme is scarlet and gold, pub night after as well we are also going to plan a pool tournament as well intramurals are going well so yay for everything is there questions anyone has

Shoaib: was there a badminton tournament?

Yes there was on Saturday everyone had fun from what I heard in terms of feedbacks there's a doubles this sat and there's more tournaments coming up also squash is going on it was fun

Alex: do you know anything about the Hart House triathlon

No but March 3rd there's an indoor triathlon

-break-

JUDICIARY REPORTS

President

Brandon: Number one, Caffeinds, it strikes me that I'm the only member on this council when Goldring was approved for funding for everything so I feel like there's a bit of burden that things agreed to then are agreed to now. One thing was the idea that Caffeinds was temporarily moving from old Vic first floor half of that used to be bookstore 2/3rds Caffeinds now they've been moved into this closet like it's literally a closet, on the floor plan it says closet. Now we're at the time where Caffeinds should be moving back nothing was written in writing that the best thing was to move it back there, it's harder to get revenue and volunteers so one thing VUSAC should be working on is talking to Ray to try to convince admin to move Caffeinds back into the same room or if there's a better use for that room to move it into an ideal place they've indicated they'd like to stay in old Vic I want them to be in old Vic I appeal to VUSAC to support the endeavor of returning Caffeinds to something of its original space

Sohaib: Caffeinds is being forced into a closet because it doesn't produce enough funds or it's not producing enough funds because it's been forced into a closet?

Brandon: Caffeinds was in a nice office location the Cat's eye was practically ceasing to exist so the least Caffeinds could do was move into a closet in the mean time and now it's stuck there, by the time this happens next year we'll all have graduated we're worried it will be rationalized to easily to stay there we want Caffeinds to improve

Alex: who can we voice our concern of this

Brandon: Ray and President Gooch loves Caffeinds we met the other day and we've agreed we need to come up with what Caffeinds could ideally look like in a perfect universe with a huge

space and infinite money at old Vic ray alternatively offered it as a stand in the old corner in Wymilwood café

SGRT: it's meeting year it's Vic's turn to host its end of Feb you don't have to show up we recently met we didn't establish anything except that we wouldn't be endorsing any slate in UTSU campaign and update principal cook Dr cooks turn is about to end Mariam and Sohaib has been working to get a plaque for him whose done a lot of work and we can't put VUSAC's logo I move that VUSAC officially recognize through a plaque of appreciate Dr.Cook's contributions Seconded by Karol , all in favour, unanimous. If you have any questions talk to me.

Alex: Any news on TA strike

Brandon: No news except probably what you've already heard the U of T admin is very keen to..it doesn't looking like they're getting along very well at negotiation table there looking for an increase in wages and student fees is looking to increase as well they are just looking for inflation so they don't get a paid decrease every year a lot of the demands are pretty civil they are pretty fair the things they are asking for

Tegan: If classes do spill over into what happens?

Brandon: Because we are a federated institution Vic has a lot of say over its residences but it's very unlikely that this would happen

Karol: we're not going to be doing amendments today because we didn't have toner so we didn't have the amendments posted outside the office for the required week so next week's meeting.

I'm just going to go ahead with my update first thing can I request that everyone who is on a computer right now that is not Sophie to close it since we are at a meeting right now

First thing, we have toner which means Adam and I are going to start the photocopy thing going *Mascot comes in* (handsome looking lion with shield and red cape)

Angela: There's a birth certificate by the mascot company so Victor the lion is officially born.

Thank you to Dave student commissioner's project

We did solicit design entries from Vic students and we sent them all to the mascot company and they sent us this for the proposal and we continually tweaked it and now you see the finishing result. I would like to make a motion to ratify Victor the lion as the official VUSAC endorsed Victoria college student mascot seconded by Sohaib, one abstention

Round of applause to John

Other student groups will be able to borrow this for their events.

Kristina: if anyone has a good iphone or camera can someone take a picture to me to put it on the website?

Angela: We have a photo we can send you

Back to Karol: so because Adam's going to get this photocopy service started up its his project for the rest of the semester the printers going to be used even more than it is now so it's imperative that as soon as it changes to running low that you notify me immediately via email or text ASAP so we don't run into any more delays.

Tegan: does it have to be stored properly is that why..

Karol: Yeah I know it has a shelf life so I asked if we can order like three and they said no they won't send it to you. I mean like I'm sure I could be like just give me two of these...

Brandon: They also use the toner to make sure we make our monthly payments, so if they gave us a bunch upfront they'd be afraid we wouldn't pay the money forward

Karol: Please stop leaving junk in the office especially if you are on the closing shift, do a cursory overview when your leaving to make sure there aren't things like coffee cups and I donno food plates empty bags of chips or something lying around used napkins etc so they just don't sit there overnight and we don't get ants again. I met with some more of you regarding one on one's there are still some people that I haven't met with yet please just let me know when you are available ill just try to go over your schedule I guess and find time. Be careful with office supplies for example if you open paper and use up the paper don't leave the empty thing of paper that seems to be a recurring thing that happens like tape I notice people will open a roll of tape and put the plastic bag in the cupboard and that's a really weird habit so please stop doing it. Please put everything back when you're done. The most recent time-sensitive thing I've emailed internal form reviews for you all please have them done by next Monday I think 6 or 7 by email just do it by next Monday so that I can prepare them for judiciary they are basically just review of all the commissions and how you feel everyone has been working and VUSAC as a whole so get them into me as soon as possible.

VP External (Shoaib) : Crescams-I finally got pint glasses which will be gifts so that's that, again the 16th Burwash this year. Susan mentioned earlier that she was hiring a new Caffiends co manager I'm going to be part of the hiring process and Kristina, Susan and I will be working on Caffiends new policy so that's something to look forward to as well
Dave: if it's happening at Burwash are you inviting more people
Shoaib: yes I did

FINANCE REPORT

Finance Chair (Brian): Bsc met this past weekend Super bowl weekend and I'm going to send around a summary of all the reallocations that we did. So yeah the reallocations were done on a case by case basis so regardless of whether they made cuts or now if they wanted to add things we just decided case by case. On the second page there is a total of all the cuts and commissions. Our cuts were able to cover most of the additions we had to decrease the budget by about 500 and as part of our goal to increase VUSAC clubs funding we made a decision not to cut clubs budgets just the commissions last page includes break down of the budget in the past few years the asterisk is there because a lot of the items there included are prepaid items so that's about 22000 so our total budget for the year is at about 80,000 which is slightly less than last year but it's still kind of high I don't have exact calculations at the moment but roughly if we hit about 70000 our expenditures will be going into our surplus so please send considerably the next few months.

Elliot: Can we hold off on removing CMT103 because I have checks for it and it probably won't take the entire 100 but hold off on it for now thanks

Tegan: Am I supposed to be on this because I'm not?

Brian: was it for stage?

Tegan: it was for a few things.

Brian: we did approve it

So the additions that Tegan needs to make our lights for \$80, \$150 for gala

Tegan: We want to reallocate it to high end dinner

Brian: And documentary nights

Tegan: and the stage it was an extra about an extra \$120

So can we add 017 \$130

Tegan and Brandon: yeah

Karol: I forgot to add socials so we'll talk about that later. We'll wait till another meeting I forgot that we didn't actually talk about it but I put it in the meeting.

Evita: I have a question, the money that I didn't use for these things I want it for the bader booking for international week but I guess I didn't make that very clear

Brandon: 800 bucks should cover it did you try applying to other..? We don't want to like screw you.

Evita: I just thought it'd be better to apply and then have..

Brandon: Contact the dean's office for arts endowment and Dave for special projects variety show is late march? And if not we'll have it

Dave: For anyone booking Bader I recommend applying to the fund as well, this year the committee seems fairly understanding of the fact that we don't have to pay just a thought

Sohaiub: what is the president's wage?

Brandon: yeah I 35 hours office during summer slightly less than min wage for compensation

Sohaib: Oh I thought it was president Gooch

Brandon: Contingency pot with goal to finance new clubs that have started up we are in the right direction not a red flag we have highest budget doubling last years

Elliot: how high is our contingency pot

Brian: for this year?

Brandon: It's really small now, but we have a mandate to not leave contingency to end of the year or else students pay for next year better to cut into surplus than to run a surplus so be free spending but conservative enough it's a bit of a discretionary thing

Brandon: I move that VUSAC ratify the amended budget as amended, Angela seconds it, all in favour, unanimous

Brian: new finance chair applications should be out this year I need Brandon Kristina and two other people one residence and non residence person for the committee to select

Brandon: Shoaib will grab you a residence and Elliot will grab you a commuter

Dave: not to discuss this right now, finance chair gets same amount of money as CRO and secretary so maybe increasing the honorarium for finance though they do a lot of work?

Christian: But it can't go over 500

Angela: well the reason I asked for 10 minutes is partly for the mascot which we did I'm passing the cute certificates we're probably going to get framed. We don't really have that much big thing for this semester is the certificates of thank you to give to heads I talked to dean castle about it she also suggested that she could maybe like print off a letter to include with the certificates so that was very nice of her and the banquet is looking like to be near the last 2 weeks of classes and apparently we can't have a Vic kind of certificate because it's hard to get one.

Sustainability (Tegan): Fashion show revenue essentially we almost covered our expenses but the stage put us over but it's a good investment as other folks and use it and we can use it in the future. We're still trying to figure what to do we're thinking of getting a tree for their grad Ashley and I thought of talking about each of us getting a tree and they can cross pollinate our originally ideas was a fruit bearing tree but we're not sure how that will go over with people at Vic so we're going to approach that lightly. Do you guys know the water competition? Well

they started this thing we're they are doing 2 a year and I didn't really know about the one this February until last week so basically I helped with the resources to advertise. This one's not officially affiliated with sustainability. We were talking about the danger of students becoming desensitized so we're supportive but not officially involved.

E&E (Alex): First Aid training was suppose to happen last or this weekend it's been rescheduled with issue of our providing and getting the training manuals that's now been since sorted out and also no ink for printing materials we needed also an issue hopefully scheduled for march the one day emergency first aid always popular in the past. Aboriginal awareness week has been moved out of international week because they are local

Brandon: Has anyone from Vic student ambassadors been in touch with you?

I just want to make sure that's on your mind

Alex: Hopefully we're going to have for aboriginal awareness week a workshop done by an organization depending on how much they cost right now they look like they are going to cost too much. Insiders project is going really well we're going to apply for special projects funding, applications waiting to go. Art gala happened this Fri for the first time ever we had submissions for E&E category, we got 6 which is 6 more than last year there's going to be some changes to the art gala made in the future. Either way printing costs were extraordinarily high but it got more artists out so it was worthy it and we got these beautiful prints. It was really popular and the prizing was also really cool I'd like to thank your delegates including Kristina for coming out on such a short notice. Tom's party is going to be March 14th and the idea is that they are going to order toms through us and show the movie that goes along with it and people can decorate it

Anastasia: I was talking to my friend and he said at Lulu lemon they hired an artist to paint on the Toms

Ruta: How much are Toms?

Alex: about 40 bucks?

Angela: are we subsidizing

Alex: we are subsidizing the decorations and food and stuff

Christianne: Can you only order white ones?

Alex: you can order whatever color you want

Christianne: so we just email Christian the color and size?

Alex: probably around 45 with shipping and handling

Evita: It's normally about 50

Christian: Plus free food and a documentary screening and friends

Christianne: All the decorating stuff is it a thing they send you or is it stuff you buy?

Alex: they sent you a kit and then you buy your own decorating stuff, yep we are getting fabric markers toms are waterproof anyways and we will hopefully get glue guns too

We are also going to have an upcoming social justice environment night

Ryan: Popcorn machine repaired it is good it's clean with help from Sohaib and Kathleen it's good and running so it can be used for international week

Kathleen: Basically the cash box is going to include the sign-in sheet , the master ticket list, which will look something like this, the table lists which will look something like this, the instructions for selling sheet and a sheet that has the menu on it and other information so

basically beginning of your office hours, sign in to cash box, modify the master list, the reason why it is complicated is because people will want to reserve spots but won't necessarily be paying for those spots when they reserve them, we are setting a 24 hour time limit, they can reserve a spot but it must be paid for within 24 hours of the date that they wrote their name down

Dave: can I make a suggestion to make it 5:30 the next day?

Kathleen: when you modify the master list look for entries that have exceeded the time limits for the 5:30 and that have not been paid for yet, don't cross it out white it out because that spot still needs to be filled.

Dave: for the reservation would it be worth it to make a reservation list?

Kathleen: I thought of that and had it set up like that last night but I thought it'd be easier for others

Siming: why not write it in pencil?

Kathleen: so basically you'll need to erase , on this sheet it says ticket number and name of ticket holder, it's really important to write the ticket holders name because when they sign into high ball we are going to check their id, there's also dietary restrictions and price and first 65 are \$40 dollars, after that it's \$50. Section for paid yes/no and table number.

Angela: What if you reserve tickets for people do they still get like \$40?

Kathleen: It's all on here if you get mixed up refer to this sheet, if you're making a reservation go to the first available spot worth \$50 so when they come to get tickets to pay for it if the early birds haven't been sold out just erase it in pencil and write it in the next available ticket spot but we can't reserve \$40 tickets. The only ones permanently on reserved are the ones typed for high ball committee members who are guaranteed \$40 tickets and at the end \$50 tickets for admin member so any member of admin their ticket will cost \$50 even if they come in the first 65.

Angela: wouldn't it be easier to allow people to reserve tables could somebody just reserve a table space and not reserve the tickets in case they don't have to like erase them from the \$50 one?

Kathleen: The problem is that the person can back out in the last second and so someone who did want it won't have one and that would be empty so we have to be consistent with table spots and ticket spots. Another thing with reservations any modifications to reservations whether you're making it, you have to put that ticket aside in reservations pile which will have a sticky note also if you put someone down for a \$50 ticket and they pay in time for early bird price make sure you take it out

Angela: What about people who aren't Vic students

Kathleen: they're allowed to come just yeah they're allowed to come that's fine under a student number. Another thing is when people are buying tickets make sure to remind them to bring their Tcard and their government issued ID whether or not they are buying alcohol also it would be really great if you could encourage them to look at the menu sheet

Evita: how many guests are we allowed to have?

Kathleen: It's a Vic event but I don't think we have a limit

Christian: is all this information in the listserv that they need their Tcard and id to buy tickets

Anastasia: You just need your Tcard to buy the ticket and government issued id to event

Ruta: Can I just suggest we have one guest per Vic students because it's not fair if a Vic student can't go if somebody else invited all these gusts?

Brandon: yeah I think the best thing to do would be to say if the event isn't sold out you can open it out to guests

One non Vic student and then if there's a lot of tickets left it will be open to anyone else

Kathleen: One non Vic student per Vic student and if that changes we will let you guys know

Ruta: Also, are you selling dance tickets?

Anastasia: Right now we aren't because we need to sell as many high ball tickets as we can

Angela: What if they are a Vic student but they are doing coop?

Brandon: Did they pay their Vic fees. Not a Vic student if fees weren't paid

Dave: if we're going to sell tickets to non Vic students at a point then we should figure out when that point will be to advertise it

Brandon: it will also compel Vic students to buy sooner

Angela moves to add 2 mins, Christian seconds it, 1 abstention

Brandon: 3 days before we stop selling tickets

Anastasia: We're going to try to stop selling tickets before reading week

Brandon: So then when we're back

Evita: just say Monday back

Dave: why are we not selling tickets till right before high ball?

Anastasia: because we have to get the dietary restrictions and everything in beforehand

Angela: so Monday is a free for all?

Dave: and then dance tickets only after?

Shoaib: we don't have dance tickets right now

Anastasia: we're not doing dance tickets right now

Kenny leaves 11:12

Kathleen: if you're not sure please look at the sheet I want this to stay organized

Arts & Culture (Evita): Just some updates: international week is this week tomorrow we have a movie screening its departure there's going to be different international snacks and popcorn next day we have international pancake brunch

Christian: ill be dressing up

Evita; oh I hope so feel free, Mariam has a whole menu she organized its going to be great there's also a blood testing going on during that time and a service fair and VCS so Wednesdays going to be a party and that night is international night with diff clubs coming out like Greek association teaching dance moves and Vic dance teaching dance moves and people from swing and Ruta who is teaching and were making flags as per usually open mic is not going to start at 7 its going to start at 8 because it's too early and we have an international playlist that Mariam made the food is going to be great oh and we're also in collaboration with wusk ? They're going to be there wed to get people involved. Anastasia and I are planning a Latino pub night March 8th we're getting half the club booked off just for U of T students so we get our own bar, DJ and everything and it is club 292 on College and it's quite exciting so stay tuned for that

Anastasia: \$2.50 tequila shots all night long, tickets probably \$5

Since there's no one taking over the Vic variety show I decided I would take over the variety show so I just asked and then I yay so now I am running the variety show. So it's March 28th ..it's rehearsal and march 29th is the actual show my plan is to just make the show not 2 hours long because it was too long more like an hour show and compact and one big raffle prize instead of a million little ones and the money goes towards charity but I'm looking into an ipod for raffle

Dave: have you chosen the charity?

Evita: uhm no

Dave: We should talk ☺

Angela: when are auditions?

Evita: Beginning of March ish

Karol: in an hour is really really short would you consider making it an hour and a half?

Evita: Yeah I was thinking of it

Karol: It'll make it seem like they are getting their money's worth

Alex: you have to book the Bader for 4 hours

Evita: it's prebooked, booked anyways oh and if anyway knows or has connections to raffle prizes let me know I don't know how to do that kind of thing to be honest

Angela: You can get raffle prizes from Sephora

Evita: Oh that's cool- sweet.

Elliot: You already heard about International Week from Evita.

We have a skating trip coming up last week of February hopefully there will be ice. We had a movie night last week it was really fun there were a lot of cool snacks the only bad thing about it was that basically no one came but Angela came which was awesome, so that kind of sucks about that . I'm looking to restructure to VOCA to make it more relevant and be more involved and hopefully get more than 5 people.

Angela: People did come stop in and it was really fun

Alex: I move to get 30 seconds to discuss art gala art

Just go

All the art work is downstairs if people come to claim it during VUSAC hours please let them do so all their names are on it so you would need to help them find it there mostly photographs so you don't have to be gentle

Dave: Would the artists consent for it to be for sale since they are digital?

Alex: We tried that and it honestly didn't make enough money for it to be worth it

Brandon: I forgot to tell you guys commuter experience fee, met with deans office, it was a little disappointing with our goal to get a breakdown of commuter spending we didn't get it but semi productive brainstorming session. Bear pals had a binder that went missing not sure what's in the binder but she looked scared.

Angela: it has our inventory

Brandon: Point is, under office hours, look for it no one's going to steal a binder of inventory

Christianne: Was there any other available time for that commuter experience to be?

Brandon: it'll be different time next time

Lastly, because we kind of have to figure this out, who is not available Wednesday night?

Brandon: we'll send out a doodle or something because we have to meet before reading week

Tegan: Just really quickly, I ordered plates, 100 regular sized plates, and 100 smaller sized plates. Reminder if you have an event coming up check in event to make sure we have to stuff we need. I don't check it I check it every couple of weeks so just let me know.

Karol: Taskmeister

Meeting adjourned at 11: 30 pm moved by Brandon, seconded by Dave, all in approval, unanimous.

